Saturday, 31 October 2009

Happy Halloween

My most favourite day of the year has arrived.  Forget birthdays, forget christmas, Halloween is where it is at.  Theres no false expectations or hype, its just a day to get dressed up have a party and a laugh.  Perfect, and then bonfire night a few nights later.  I love this week it makes me so hyper I feel like i'm 5 again.  Mittens on string, baked potatoes and leaves to kick down the street.  What more could you ask for!

Today we are off to clacton for a halloween party.  i;ve been told a lot of beer and food has been brought, and the host has said I should put my diet off for a day, but you know what, whilst the old me would be tempted by that, this is more a lifestyle than a diet right?  I am not going to abstain from the food, more that I am going to make good choices.  I will drink beer but it will only be one or two not the 6 or 7 that I would usually aim for. 

I'm going to have an ace time, but more importantly when it comes to monday and I stand on the scales if I am still at the 12 stone 11 that I havent been able to shift I will feel confident that it wont be because of tonights excesses.  I hate that feeling that when you stay the same or put on weight, you can pinpoint the moment where you screwed up that week.  It just makes me feel miserable, and i'm determined not to feel like that this time round. 

So far I am actually enjoying all this healthy eating and exercise. Its really improved my mood I think.  I feel more positive about myself and about life in general (although to be honest I always feel positive about life these days because I have it pretty good in comparison to some people I know) So yeah weight loss this week would be nice, but at the end of the day i'm in this for the long haul and I know that even if it doesnt come off this week or even next week, if I keep exercising and eating properly then it will come off.


And this is blake, shes a doll I have, well I say that but I can't find her, I've been searching for months.  Shes tiny so shes easily lost but shes a vampire so I thought it appropriate to post a picture of her as a halloween thing.

So yeah happy halloween people, and good luck everyone on tackling it.

0 comments: