Monday, 9 November 2009

Another WI and Feeling Worthy

Its weigh in day today and another pound bites the dust, bye bye 12 stone 10 sorry you didn't get the chance to stick around for long...wait...no i'm not sorry.  Hello 12 stone 9, I hope you depart just as quickly as your friend.

I have to tell you something I discovered last night, i've never been a touchy feely person, i'm not cold hearted or anything but I just don't actually like physical contact, well thats not true, I do like contact, I like it very much, its more of a case of when people hug me or kiss me instantly my head goes into self critical mode and I wonder what that person sees in me.

The thing is my husband is a wonderful and attentive man, but most of the time when we're getting amourous I always have a sort of freak out in my head wondering why he's with me and what he sees in such an ugly lump like me, and hes never been negative about my size ever but I just feel self conscious all the time.  Only recently my husband has been much more touchy feely than usual and well I haven't been worrying so much.

  Losing weight the proper way by eating healthy and smaller portions and exercising has given me not only a sense of achievement but has boosted the confidence I feel in my self image. and it just feels really nice, to be carressed by the one I love and who loves me and not panic that i'm fat.  I mean I am still fat, im not deluded, but already my figure has improved quite considerably (from doing a lot of wii fit exercises like yoga and hula hooping I guess)

I feel like i'm worthy of being loved and thats quite a new feeling for me.  I like it.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Keep up the good work!!

Shrnk D said...

That's awesome! I totally understand where you are coming from on this post. I have never felt more "in" my body than I do now. It's been 4 months of working out 6 days a week and moving my body in new ways - I check myself out in the mirror more now then ever - and my clothes fit better (I've been dropping sizes and I buy new clothes from the thrift store every month). I feel more confident and stronger every day. Confidence is super sexy - and I am sure your husband senses that shift in you. Congrats!

Slimming Sammy said...

Thanks for the comments it means a lot to me to know there are other people out there who feel like this.

*hugs*

Sammy