Friday, 20 November 2009

Its gonna get scary

Im really excited about tomorrow, excited and scared.  I'm playing my first comedy circuit gig and its a big one.  The venue is sold out and i'm first on and I have my set list written out.  I'm going to be supporting
 JIM TAVARÉ, SIMON LIPSON, SAM STONE and DAVE THOMPSON.  Dave Thompson was the original tinky winky from the teletubbies, and jim tavere well he's pretty big actually, having been in some of the harry potter movies and had his own show and stuff.  So i'm a bit nervous to tell the truth.  Its strange how I can be so shy infront of people when I have to talk to them, but when i'm on stage i'm not shy at all.  I should really look deeper into myself to try and understand myself a little bit better on that score.

Food has gone pretty spiffy the last few days, I havent really felt all that hungry so I haven't eaten.  I know we're told to have breakfast lunch and dinner and all that, but equally if you're not hungry then you shouldn't eat for the sake of eating right?  or maybe i've got that wrong?  Either way I didnt have dinner last night because I just didn't feel like it. today I stood on the scales and i'm at my lowest BMI yet so that made me feel pretty spiffy, 33.8  I know not great but considering I was in the middle of the 35's back in september thats certainly progress. 

My cat has been wrecking the house again.  Which is causing all levels of annoyance and stress.  She's taken to weeing all over the place and if you dont keep an eye on her she'll be sneaky and pee on random things like the sofa or backpacks or clean washing or duvets.  If she isn't weeing she's throwing up.  It got to the point that I wrote a poem about her wrecking the house and it ended up getting published twice.  Once in the local newspaper, which made me smile, and now its also been published in a book, which i'm going to be getting some of the profits (if there are any profits) but i'll show you the poem anyway.




So yeah i'm not sure what to do with my cat, how to stop her wrecking the house.  Shes a lovely
 cat really shes just intent on doom, anyone who has a cat should really watch this youtube video, actually anyone who has a cat probably HAS watched this youtube video, but just thought i'd share.  It relaxes me knowing that i'm not the only cat owner out there with these sorts of problems.



But anyway wish me luck for 2moro okay.  The gig is going to be scary but unbeliveably cool.  Its like xmas but without all the wrapping paper and turkey

4 comments:

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Sammy. I was about to comment on the previous post when it disappeared. I just want to say that you are a very strong person and a survivor. Thank you for sharing, even if you may have changed your mind now.

Good luck for tomorrow. Hope it goes really well!

Best wishes,
Bearfriend xx

Dayne Gingrich said...

Good luck with the gig.

Remember to always focus on what you want to have happen on stage, rather than the fearful junk that creeps into our head.

Tell me whatcha think about the post I just wrote on this exact subject, actually.

www.coachyourmind.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Dayne

Slimming Sammy said...

Thankyou both of you for the good luck vibes. I'm feeling positive about tonight and hey even if it does go incredibly wrong at least i'm on first so I'll have all those ace comediens to make me happy again.

Just Playin' said...

Good luck with your comedy gig! I see it just going wonderfully....everyone is laughing and wanting more!