Sunday, 22 November 2009

Remembering

This weekend was full of lots of stuff.  On friday I played a half hour set at a comedy club and it went down really really well.  One guy was laughing so much he was red in the face, I thought he was going to have a heart attack. Food wise on friday I was really good which meant that the three pints of IPA I drank after my set didnt do any damage at all to my points as I had factored them in.

The weekend points went out the window really.  Me and Paul went to tunbridge wells to stay with some friends of ours just to catch up and chill out.  Its been a long time since we've just kicked back and done nothing for a weekend.  there were lots of nibbly things and chocolate and saturday night a big sunday roast type dinner was cooked and whilst theres was beer and wine a-plenty I had none of that.  I ate what was on my plate but didnt eat very many nibbly things and steered clear of the sweets although I did have one pack of cadburies buttons.  So yep pretty restrained and felt proud of myself for that.
Then sunday a large cooked breakfast in the morning, and again I ate everything on my plate but have compensated by only having some fruit and a chicken wrap for lunch (mainly cause after the breakfast it was pretty filling and wasnt that hungry afterwards)  We've only just gotten home cause the trains across london are all suffering engineering works, but now we have to go out to a football club to play some more songs, so dinner might be skipped tonight.  Not feeling overly peckish anyway.  not great eating habits this weekend but it'll be back to proper pointing and eating and exercising tommorrow.

Being away this weekend reminded me that its okay to do nothing once in a while.  My life has been so hectic for so long that I find it hard to unwind because it feels like im forgetting to do something or that I should be doing something, so its important sometimes to remember that its okay to shut yourself off from the real world for a day or so because the real world will still be there when you go back to it.  Its not going to collapse and die because you're not there for 20 minutes whilst your having a  relaxing soak in the bath or reading a book.  Being away this weekend reminded me of that, and I'm really greatful for that wake up call.

  I feel tired today but its a happy snuggly content tiredness rather than a stressed  out, about to spontaneously combust, sort of tiredness.  Tommorrow is weigh in day and like I said last week, i've just been plodding along not trying as hard as I could have been but not actually being terrible this week so I expect to at least get rid of the 2 pounds I put on last week.  Please thankyou.

1 comments:

Linz M said...

Sounds like you had a fab weekend. It's so nice to relax and kick back every now and then and you're right, the world still carries on around you while you take time out. Glad you had a good one.

Doesn't sound like you were too bad at all on the food front so fingers crosed for a loss :)

x